Thank you Robert but I am  not sure what you mean, would you kindly clarify.
As far as I understand the script, you are setting the permissions to 666
and you also start the service.
What I do not understand is how and why the permissions are not set when
the script runs in the first place.

Rob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/74c4aefa-8147-4508-a1ef-39b54229bfdb%40googlegroups.com.