After hours of reading all sorts and my brain blowing up, I think I might
have found the reason for the problem. However, as a Linux noob, I am now
stuck and hope one of our gurus will shed light on this.

This is where I am now:

1. Copied the "start" section of sgx-startup.sh to a new file and started
fiddling.
2. Found that there appears to be some delay between modprobe pvrsrvkm ,
deleting the /dev/pvrsrvkm file and what I assume is the kernel module
setting permissions on the file.
3. When I moved the delete and mknod to after the /usr/local/bin/pvrsrvctl
--start --no-module and added a sleep 1, the file permissions were set
correctly.

Unfortunately this only work when I run the script manually, it doe not
work with reboot (maybe sleep cannot be used)

So, I am still trying to find a solution, but I am running out of things to
try

Thanks

Rob

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/34bbc924-70f6-49cf-96f1-f758a802d29d%40googlegroups.com.