I think the SiP on the beaglebone black wireless is really cool, but it
also seems to add cost. For board designers the SiP is a god send, for many
reasons. But in cases like this where it adds additional costs to an "end
product" . . . yeah.

Hopefully, once the sales of the SiP increase over time. The cost will come
down.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqxSmAykzC6TGSz8p84p3tJpW-L9ThFK8BdSNKjiCxsXQ%40mail.gmail.com.