Well, still no dice as far as usb_f_hid goes.  I tried to change a few
config items.  I ended up, I think, with a better kernel build (less kruft),
but nothing working.  I guess its either bisect the kernel and see what
broke (que mission impossible theme), or dig into the kernel further
and see what is going wrong (que mission impossible theme reprise).  I have
not seen ANYWHERE, regular docs included, that anything
I've done should lead to this, but maybe something is misconfigured in the
kernel, or its just "broke".  I SUPPOSE I could try the OTHER
types of hid interface (I compile out hiddev and the other hid interface
just in case), or heaven forbid, g_hid.ko (que Kirk yelling "Kahn" from
Star Trek II, replacing it with "g_hid").

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/07be2565-0cee-4d83-b12b-7f64058dd152%40googlegroups.com.