On 2016-12-15 at 14:49:25 -0700, William Hermans wrote:
> Debian, and Ubuntu use different init daemons, at least the last I
> read. Although I've also read that Canonical was seriously considering
> switching to systemd, soon.

Already happened, in 15.04

They still use their own custom desktop environment unity and they are
still working on their own display server mir (which afaik they use in
the phone version of Ubuntu)

Also, Debian uses systemd by default in the linux archs, but still
supports sysV init and iirc openrc (altought the latter is probably used
by just a handful of people). Using Upstart as in Ubuntu was available
as another choice (and possibly still is), but since its developement
has been stopped by upstream (Canonical) it's probably going to die away.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/20161218094049.3tcquqiv53qdosfe%40manillaroad.local.home.trueelena.org.