I spent most of the weekend down in the rabbit-hole, trying to get a
CircuitCo Rev_B Audio cape to work, (unsuccessfully.)

Is this cape compatible-with / supported-by Debian 8.6/kernel 4.4 ?

Does the BB-BONE-AUDI-02-00A0.dtbo overlay that comes with the current
distribution work?

How can you tell if an overlay actually loaded, with 4.4?
    /sys/devices/platform/bone_capemgr/slots
as well as the boot log, only shows the first physical four, and no longer
shows the higher numbered "pseudo-capes" and overlay status.

I understand that
The CircuitCo cape does not have an EEPROM, so everything needs to be
configured explicitly.
I need to use a base .dts with HDMI audio disabled, then load the overlay
for the CircuitCo card.
I also need to load the asound.state file.

Am I approaching this correctly?

I can not use a USB-soundcard for audio. I have several applications
that need McASP/I2S running for several other codecs, but I thought I would
start
with the CircuitCo cape as a starting point.

Thanks,
--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b20f8e08-eec9-40ef-90d6-b2b51e654621%40googlegroups.com.