I'm building a drone with my BBBW as its brain. I have my remote control
for it mostly coded in VB.NET. Basically what it does is it runs the BBBW
on the drone in hotspot mode and it just synchs the stacks in my tablet
with the BBBW and I send UDP packets via winsock with raw "joystick"
coordinates to the controlling daemon on the drone.

Range is only about 400 feet out doors, but more than enough to fly a drone
around a little.

Here is a screen shot of what appears on the tablet.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5BhAEQ64o7c/WI_Y_c2BLnI/AAAAAAAAADs/KiKCmJxg0_8MZ-yCHlo2CDr7d-Cuhr4hACLcB/s1600/droneremote.jpg>

The left hand control is throttle and you can pitch by moving your thumb up
and down on the right hand control and yaw is with right to left. Roll is
nulled out by the 6DOF interial module. To fly forward what you do is pitch
forward and increase your throttle and then you steer by yawing.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5e493ce2-dcd5-4d1b-9218-915c079dc78c%40googlegroups.com.