Ok, here where I'm at (and I do apologize about the jokes...forgot I was on
an email server...sorry).

I looked at the various Github solutions and not too impressed with them.
(Please don't be offended, I'm just saying...to me)

Here is my question to those guys that have done this before. Let me bounce
this logic off of you and where I am wrong PLEASE feel free to correct me.
I've just been thinking about it

I have a BBBW Rev C (I think) running stock Angstrom. I go to the uEnv.txt
file, I make the directory read/write (anyone remember how to do this...I'm
serious...chmod?) and then I add the overlays starting with the lowest one
first (so like universela or universeln) then I add overlays (like BB_UART)
until I'm left with the particular configuration I need. Is THIS a correct
procedure (or am I like totally misunderstanding this approach)?

Then at boot up, it should be configured, right? No BS, just someone that
has done this before and has put in the time to think about how they
actually did it.

Thoughts, or is this approach totally cracked?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/53822ae9-ef4e-4a9d-8e0c-c77cb4548b86%40googlegroups.com.