On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Jan Jaap <i...@optimalisatie.nl> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am a new user and I wanted to install Debian on a BeagleBoard, however,
> the BeagleBoard doesn't boot.
>
> The BeagleBoard doesn't boot into X when turned on. A usable mouse cursor
> becomes visible, but it remains so for at least 10 minutes (didn't wait
> longer).
>
> When using CTRL - Alt - F5 etc. a shell login prompt becomes visible, and it
> is possible to login.

Confused, based on your 3rd paragraph, it "booted" but your first
paragraph says it "doesn't boot"..

So let's start from the begining..

What Board/model/revision do you have?
What file/rootfs/name did your write the microSD card?

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYjq%2BhixSd0w8-jr7DBnkp0nrwFH_n7_pOTdkzsZJxaOKA%40mail.gmail.com.