If that person is trying to log in with root from one of the latest image,
they're going to get an error, which is possibly a PAM error. Robert
changed the root account so one can not by default log in over ssh as root.
It can be fixed, but it's probably nto a good idea for anyone to "fix"
this. Instead keep security in mind when logging into  their board.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORoYpCrcYkYxy5HC9Uz4tLRo00BZfnivsNvjNMMBNhDbGA%40mail.gmail.com.