Thank you Robert for a quick answer. Unfortunately disabling that script
didn't help and I still have to plug int eth cable in order to 'unlock'
ethernet over USB.

I had an idea, that maybe setting eth to allow-hotplug instead of auto in
/etc/network/interfaces might help, but did only for one boot - later the
system needed 90s to shut down, and when booted again I couldn't connect
through USB anymore...

When should I actually run bbb-eMMC-flasher-eewiki-ext4.sh? I tried:
- from rc.local with settings After=network.target
in /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service and After=network-online.target in
/etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/debian.conf
- from rc.local with settings After=network.target
in /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service and After=network.target in
/etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/debian.conf
- from rc.local with settings After=local-fs.target
in /etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service and After=local-fs.target.target in
/etc/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d/debian.conf

How about setting usb0 to auto in /etc/network/interfaces?

It seems to me, that either ssh or USB0 gets up only after plugging
ethernet cable...

Journal output after disabling generic service:
https://pastebin.com/2hLpHTnW

Regards

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/452e6c46-9ae2-4b92-a9bc-46b81f3a2945%40googlegroups.com.