On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 1:34 PM, Mark A. Yoder <mark.a.yo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Robert:
>>   It looks like all the files in /var/lib/cloud9/examples are owned by
>> root:cloud9ide and are mode 664. They need to be mode 665, or maybe 667.
>>
>> Mode 667 would let people easily edit the files and experiment.  Though it
>> would also let people mess up the files.
>>
>> How about we have a parallel directory to examples that serves as a backup.
>> They could all me mode 665 and the examples files would be 667.
>
> The debian user is part of the cloud9ide group, so the 664 should
> work, or do you think it should be 674? so the cloud9ide group can
> execute the file..

The other issue, that whole directory get's extracted from the bone101
package, so any changes to the package will wipe out that dir.

Unless we move the examples to github and just create a local git clone?

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhMoWp9ZfAr27bp1_D8PFokSK6Vc_u4XkNyv1nzcUbmkw%40mail.gmail.com.