It would not be part of "my" FAQ. I have no affiliation with beagleboard.org,
at all. I'm just some guy, who has had 4+ years hands on experience with
this specific platform, who also just so happens to get paid by a third
party who builds systems based on this platform as well. But obviously I do
not know everything.

I actually want to fix the way this board powers down when a battery is
connected to the beaglebone, myself. Which means when I did into the guts
of everything that is involved I could probably look into this problem as
well.It's not something that is high priority in my life right now, but
*is* something that I've spent money out of my own pocket on having
hardware designed for. PCB's, and components, etc. Now, I just need the
time to develop the software, which may, or may not happen some time soon.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqZiMrMF-MHTC-_csZn8ZL_dyNX79KWum9mo%3D3YSjMuuQ%40mail.gmail.com.