@Robert,

I'm thinking at  this point in time, that we may have to fall off the last
creation of files in that path, and do single file permission changes,
would would be tedious, and painful. So whatever the last path to be
created, you run the udev rule off that, and just traverse down into the
exact files you need. Maybe some sort of wild card sorting could be used ?
I'm not sure, but I'm thinking we'd need to do something like enable
pwmchip0, enable both channels on that, then enable each file seperately
for period, and duty cycle. Then whatever other files needs to be changed
for access.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqrp1Y3qWgZLOvqqWiAhemZ%3Dp2zz783-Eg%3DDE%3Dy%3DG0%3DAQ%40mail.gmail.com.