On May 13, 2017 2:02 PM, "Todd Peterson" <acheeseh...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have a BBB running Angstrom 3.8.13. I have a Realtek USB Wifi, lsusb shows
Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0bda:818b Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
I put 8192cu.ko in /lib/modules/3.8.13-00720-g4202df2-dirty
I did insmod 8192cu.ko
lsmod shows
Module                  Size  Used by
8192cu                445685  0

dmesg shows [    6.699120] usbcore: registered new interface driver
rtl8192cu

The interface does not show up with ifconfig

What am I missing?

It's that small miniature dongle right?

Disable HDMI and suck a little USB extension cable.

Your fighting the HDMI gnd plane that interferes with the wifi radio..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYi%2Bdc9YG-efd%2BQEE2uKksJt8ZTY93cVM4pvt80doYfFYg%40mail.gmail.com.