On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 4:31 PM, mzimmers <mzimm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> I'm working through one of Dr. Molloy's examples on building kernel modules.
> My/his program originally failed to build because I hadn't defined
> C_INCLUDE_PATH which now points to
> /usr/src/lineux-headers-4.4.48-ti-r88/include. Now it's failing because one
> of the included files is failing on a file in an asm subdirectory. So...
>
> was I correct in creating C_INCLUDE_PATH?
> did I point it to the right place?
> am I correct in assuming that I need to add another location to this
> variable, so it can find the asm subdirectory?
> which is the right arch subdirectory for the BBB? I'm guessing arm, but that
> is just a guess.
>
> And of course, if I'm somehow going at this all wrong, please so advise.

Are you passing ARCH=arm  ??

in theory, the arch assembly directory should be fixed. ( back ported
a builddeb change from the v4.7.0-rc merge cycle)

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/stable-kernel/commit/3a0073dc8a13b0aa955f440d8219d2bb638a44c9

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhYBD7RqFbiQbRJJe6XAfYuwxSTZQNRPm_gQxwTcKR7eA%40mail.gmail.com.