Configurations through "interfaces" will not work unless you disable conman
on the interface. I'm not sure if you can disable connman for a single
interface, but you can do it for all wifi interfaces with "connmanctl
disable wifi".
There is one pitfall you should be aware of: after connman stops
controlling the wireless interfaces the kernel will start renaming them to
"safe" names. Instead of familiar wifi0, or wifi1 you will see names like
wlxd01245abcd and you have to use those names in the configuration.
Allegedly it is possible to disable renaming, but I never could get it to
work.

Jacek.

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Clark Sann <acs...@icloud.com> wrote:

> I have a BBGW and I've used connmanctl to setup the wifi on it. Now I have
> plugged in a 2nd wifi adapter via USB. I can see both wlan0 and wlan1 in
> ifconfig and iwconfig. Now I want to configure the adhoc network using
> wlan1.
>
> How do I do this? I can't find any way to tell connmanctl to select either
> the wlan0 or wlan1 and then configure it. I've done lots of googling about
> connman and connmanctl. It appears that it is designed for only one wifi
> interface....and you don't get to choose which one. It seems to be lacking
> something.
>
> If I do this on a (gasp!) Raspberry Pi) I would do this by editing the
> /etc/network/interfaces file. That does not seem to work on the BBGW.
>
> Are there connmanctl commands that allow me to configure multiple
> interfaces?
>
> Do I need to somehow disable connman if I want to do this? If so, how do I
> do this without destabilizing the system?
>
> Clark

> msgid/beagleboard/1a5da993-fe1c-44de-a3a9-20ae02626a53%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1a5da993-fe1c-44de-a3a9-20ae02626a53%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

Given a choice between two theories, take the one which is funnier

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAA2oDva3GhLBcbUCn99Nu9CRJH%2BwfAJiw6e8mW3TjLVRrvoQyg%40mail.gmail.com.