Hi,

We're not yet able to setup Ubuntu native on PC's at work, so we're using
Ubuntu under VBOX.

I'm attempting to do JTAG debugging via CCS 7.2 to the BB-X15/am572xEVM,
but when I run CCS in debug mode under an Ubuntu/VirtualBox, CCS hangs.
 I'm able to view registers on the A15_0 core, but I haven't been able to
successfully load u-boot-spl.bin built in CCS on Ubuntu.  When I load, CCS
never comes back, and I haven't been able to specify the "load address" for
the SPL.  From what I understand from reading an older version of TI's CCS
wiki, JTAG debugging doesn't work well through a virtual machine.

So I'm trying a strange approach:  2, CCS 7.2 installations on the same
machine, 1 under the Ubuntu VM to build the SPL in Linux and another under
Windows to manage the JTAG debugging process (e.g. load u-boot-spl.bin via
JTAG, view memory, step, etc).  But I'm having some issues using a
Windows/VBOX shared folder to contain the u-boot tree so that both the
Windows and Ubuntu CCS's can look at the same tree/project.

Has anyone on this forum successfully tried this kind of thing before or
are there obvious reasons why this is a bad idea??

I think the person in the following thread may have tried something like
this??

https://e2e.ti.com/support/development_tools/code_composer_studio/f/81/t/117880?tisearch=e2e-quicksearch&keymatch=virtualbox%20shared%20folder

I may post up on TI/E2E, but we're working with the BB-X15 image, not the
TI SDK image.  I'll try to annotate this thread with any useful information
that's thrown our way.

Thanks!!

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5f061151-4d0a-4633-b601-767a32a9c47b%40googlegroups.com.