On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Tracy Smith <tlsmith3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> Thanks for the email and here is what I’m trying to do.
>
> The CANUSB from Lawicel is a standard USB device that looks like a serial
> port since it can use the FTDI driver.
>

> On the MachineKit Debian Beagle the CANUSB is a dev/ttyUSB0 device.
>

> On our *custom* BeagleBone Black, we want both CAN0 and CAN1 accessible
> USB devices.  We don’t want to have to add a P9 expansion header on the
> custom board for I2C and we have specific pins E17 and E18 we want to use
> that are designated as possible CAN1 pins on the BeagleBone Black
> schematic.
>

> These two pins for CAN1 are tstpt1 pin E17 and TP9 pin E18.  Just need to
> see if there is a pad name associated with these pins so I can use them for
> the pinmux file and device tree to make CAN1 available as a USB device for
> uboot and the kernel.  This is what I need.
>

> Looking through the pinmux files for any pad names associated with these
> two pins.
>

> Thx, Tracy
>
> Just use the file I sent you, no worries about anything. If you NEED to
put it all into one large overlay file, you can pretty much just copy paste
what's in that file into your existing overlay. WIth some caveats of
course. You'll need to make sure the file is organized correctly.

Personally, I'd just leave the file as is, and load it standalone.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORrbMegBGyzk%3DhyY20mo8_TmakACzRQ68_tGOdZCwrQqqw%40mail.gmail.com.