On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Tracy Smith <tlsmith3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> We have no P9expansion header.  I’ve already discussed this with Robert
>> Nelson.  We are using the AM3358 pins I sent previously.  Any can using the
>> P9and this overlay will not work for our custom board.
>>

> Ok, good, that doesn't make a bit of difference at all. Those pin names in
> the overlay are just variables used by the file, and initially by cape
> manager. cape manager translates those variable names into addresses when
> the overlay file is compiled.
>
> Passed that, the software that is provided could stll use the Px header
> designation for the pins, and it'll still work fine if you're using
> something like universal IO + config-pin, so long as you all have not done
> something drastically different in your layout. I do recall that some
> devices can be done using multiple pin configurations, and one in fact is
> still like that with the beaglebone design as is.
>
> Anyway, I do not remember if CAN1 has the potential to be on different
> pins or not. Out of the processor. But working with the file I sent you a
> link to all that can easily be changed.

Well technically, I'm not 100% positive on this. There could be hooks, etc
I'm not aware of, and I have not done this hands on personally. But so long
as you're using the same pins the bealgebone is using. It should work.

Are you, or are you not using he same pins as the beaglebone for CAN1 ?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORp-bX_T6k8mmy73MAkENFBQ3Boggy7-o%2BLoOCaCwja5nQ%40mail.gmail.com.