On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:09 PM, Ken Shirriff <ken.shirr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My application, in case it's relevant: I'm building a network gateway with
> the PRU bit-banging a 3 megabit/second Ethernet.

Oh, I've seen that on your blog---the bridge from  bitbanged Alto 3Mbps to
a 10/100 ethernet---great work!

I've seen stuff about Remoteproc - is that the cool new technology? Its
mailboxes seem like a good model. However, I'd rather stick with the UIO
model instead of moving to a new kernel and rewriting everything if
possible.

Yeah, many people on this forum like UIO but it seems that Remoteproc is
the wave of the future: it's the default in newer kernels, etc.  UIO is of
course supported too, though.
I don't  know the answer to your question about synchronization, sorry; TJF
might know.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAC%3D1GgE9deSJ6KqgN1pdZ5FAJgUYXZGtdo4M-JjUjqrVU%3Dv92A%40mail.gmail.com.