> TI has not changes anything in StarterWare since BBB, so I don't expect a
> new MLO from this side - but it is not a problem since sources are included
> in StarterWare package and therefor can be build easily.

But this does not seem to be the problem, this "CCCCCCCC"-sequence means,
the SoC does not find the MLO anywhere! So although it is available on the
FatFS partition of the microSD card, it isn't loaded.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e4107ed2-c770-4245-98b8-c98d766f19cf%40googlegroups.com.