Thanks Robert and Jason. For pin 5 and 6, your solution works:

Pin 5:
$ config-pin P2_35 gpio
$ echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio86/direction
$ cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/in_voltage5_raw
1571

Pin 6:
$ config-pin P1_2 gpio
$ echo in > /sys/class/gpio/gpio87/direction
$ cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/in_voltage6_raw
1571

Because of the voltage divider, the values are half of the "normal" values.

But I still can't get pin 7 to work:
$ while [ 1 ]; do cat /sys/bus/iio/devices/iio:device0/in_voltage7_raw; done
This gives me a sequence of values starting around 1600 dropping by about
10 every second, unrelated to my input, slowing down to about 658. Sort of
like the voltage if you were discharging a capacitor.

So analog input 7 seems to be measuring something, but I don't know what.
Maybe some PMIC thing?

(I'm using Linux beaglebone 4.4.91-ti-r133 #1 SMP Tue Oct 10 05:18:08 UTC
2017 armv7l GNU/Linux)

Ken

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/8a366e68-aa6f-4847-9a14-d2abb782d351%40googlegroups.com.