https://elinux.org/BeagleBoardJTAG

>From looking at a picture of the JTAG connector on the pocket beagle (
http://uk.farnell.com/beagleboard/bb-pocket/pocket-beagle-board-arm-cortex/dp/2806159

) , it looks like there are 7 JTAG connectors signals which appear to
follow the TI signals as opposed to the ARM JTAG signals.

Here's a crazy thought..

I've often wondered what the boot loader developers (or BeagleBone patch
wizards) do when developing SPL/u-boot for a new platform like the Pocket
Beagle.... Do they resort to JTAG debugging to debug the SPL and u-boot for
the new platform or is everything similar enough to other platforms where
the console is already up-and-running, so they can spool debug messages out
the console....

If the u-boot maintainers routinely use JTAG to debug SPL/u-boot, then is
there another discussion forum which discusses JTAG debugging and more
detailed u-boot debugging techniques??

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/89364143-e5e7-424d-b0c1-a86f84bae324%40googlegroups.com.