I should also say that adding noatime does not appear the solve the issue.
One configuration file in particular that is on the card appears somehow
corrupted after the aforementioned reboots. It's attached.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b156983c-14ab-4ed6-84dc-e7aa7070192b%40googlegroups.com.