As a matter of buffer hygiene, are you flushing the buffers to the sd card
after every time you write to it?
Something like the equivalent of the 'sync' command?
If there is still unwritten info in the buffers when the power gets pulled,
bye-bye data.

In Linux, when the mounted drive is suddenly declared "read-only" it means
that the OS has observed some corruption or error in the file system, and
does so to prevent further corruption.

--- Graham

==

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a08143d4-f0b3-43c2-b497-421a2bdd93bb%40googlegroups.com.