This is turning into an "apt" tutorial - but searches haven't helped me
find what I'm looking for.

I have killed the upgrade mis-stream. I think it successfully downloaded
all the upgradable packages, and ran out of "disk" space while unpacking
it. I don't know if anything was actually installed.

I still have 0% free on /dev/mmcblkXX

Is there a way to determine if any package was actually upgraded?

Where are the downloaded packages? Can I just delete them presuming they
were the unintended upgrades, and start again with the correct apt command
as you provided in a later post

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/88af7cbb-cebe-408e-993c-213eda6dcc44%40googlegroups.com.