On Friday, March 30, 2018 at 3:33:28 PM UTC-6, RobertCNelson wrote:

> on
> the
> would
> >>
> >> They work on the PB, it was a recent change in our u-boot..
> >

> > Ah, gotcha. To clarify, the PRU's are working or just the overlays?
> Then,
> > can I just pull in a more recent u-boot and not need to patch anything
> and
> > if so is that on the main u-boot repo? Currently I'm using u-boot
> 2018.03..
>
> Yes, in our U-Boot, I recently enabled PRU overlay support for PB's.
>
> Pure "mainline" supports the infrastructure to support overlays..
>
> However a "cape/overlay" manager is not in u-boot mainline..
>

> Thus we use this hack..

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/Bootloader-Builder/blob/master/patches/v2018.03/0002-U-Boot-BeagleBone-Cape-Manager.patch

The hack was a quick way to test things..

Odd, I'm using that particular patch (and the 0001-am335x_evm*.patch). With
it, I was getting the `/sys/devices/platform/cape_mgr` to show up when I
setup uEnv.txt to enable the cape_mngr. Though without the slots, I'm not
sure how it's supposed to work. :-)

I then tried setting the `uboot_overlay_pru` to a few of the PRU overlays,
but didn't get pru's to work.. Was I missing something maybe? I don't have
systemd to configure anything after boot, just using the sysfs and
PRU/RPROC support compiled into the kernel.

Thanks for the help btw! I realize the PB's are still relatively new and
not everything has been upstreamed yet..

Cheers, Jaremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7856e63c-7fa5-4d7e-b3c6-5af839fdc1b8%40googlegroups.com.