Am 16.10.2018 um 10:38 schrieb true-t...@web.de:
Hi John,

i try to drive the BBB McSPI with using the Pru.
Maybe you can help me to find your tip:"If you look on Github, the Starterware examples have been ported to the PRU".
Lot of thanks

I have the very same problem. If you google around, you find sometimes some factoids, and that is
usually stuff like

/* SPIEN line is forced to low state.*/
McSPICSAssert(SOC_SPI_0_REGS, chNum);

/* Enable the Tx/Rx interrupts of McSPI.*/
McSPIIntEnable(SOC_SPI_0_REGS, MCSPI_INT_TX_EMPTY(chNum) |
                        MCSPI_INT_RX_FULL(chNum));

/* Enable the McSPI channel for communication.*/
McSPIChannelEnable(SOC_SPI_0_REGS, chNum);

Abstraction & insight gained == 0. Just repetition.

This all floats in the middle of nowhere. Guess where the header files are
or where some values hit some registers.
If you search on, you end up at a frozen Wiki or a locked discussion thread.

It seems, TI has given up on the Sitara. Maybe it is time to move on to Zynq.

regards, Gerhard