Hi Roger,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:52 AM Roger Quadros <rog...@ti.com> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> On 28/01/19 21:15, Robert Nelson wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM Daniel Kulp <d...@kulp.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> I tried to update our app image from the 4.14 bone kernel to the 4.19 bone
> >> kernel and ran into a big problem:  uio_pruss is not configured in as it
> >> is with 4.14.  Is this an oversight?  Is there anyone I need to contact to
> >> try and convince them to re-enable uio_pruss?     I'd like to get
> >> CONFIG_SND_DUMMY also enabled (module) as that would allow us to use some
> >> same configuration between Pi's and BBB's, but that's really minor.
> >> uio_pruss is a must-have.
> >>
> >> The ti kernels also don't have it, but I cannot use the ti kernels due to
> >> other timing reasons.  Mostly concerned about the bone kernels right now.
> >
> > Actually, uio_pruss broke in v4.18.x... Congrats's your the first to
> > notice and mention it! ;)
> >
> > Roger @ TI with comments from David posted an RFC for ti's remotproc
> > for mainline..  That's what i have in v4.19.x-bone "today" (and
> > v4.20.x-bone/v5.0.x-bone)..
>
> All upstream PRUSS series that I posted will not work without changes in
> the resource tables in pru-software-support packages.
>
> e.g.
> https://github.com/rogerq/pru-software-support-package/commit/6346adba63c1e91414df8f3ea3cd73ccc40d0f2f
>
> If you can wait for 2 weeks then we could have something in
> TI 2019 that should work smoothly.

So around the time that your first RFC came out, we actually added
that repo by default under /opt/source/ so users could test out your
patchset on the beagle default images:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/omap-image-builder/commit/edd84bc5c2d925d67d00d0c2008f48cdd75e3e99

So any Stretch/Buster/Bionic image after Nov 24 2018, has your repo
installed by default in the root file system. ;)

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYh4kaNWoA4uhqTz_B%2BNvcnNkTH7-kYWcQ%3D%2Bd75A07Jj2Q%40mail.gmail.com.