anybody have this figured out.

oddly, I have a board that will act as an SD card normally does and come up
in windows file explorer as a G: drive so it's connecting to the windows
PC. but no response via putty or surfing to the 192.168.7.2 or 192.168.6.2
I've installed the drivers and checked with a different bbblack and a new
bbblue, that part on the PC end is ok
I have not purchased the cable mentioned
I wanted to know if anyone was successful repairing or reconfiguring to
make it work
the board's access point is also, not showing up in wifi searches
regards
DSD

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/53f255c3-b3d7-4b96-93dc-6170b9c9ec06%40googlegroups.com.