On 12.07.19 07:50, Megha Bhirade wrote:
I tried by connecting LAN cable from router to board Ethernet port, but for ping command i am getting :

acufore@acufore-H110M-S2:~$ ping beaglebone.local
ping: unknown host beaglebone.local

acufore@acufore-H110M-S2:~$ avahi-resolve -n beaglebone.local
Failed to resolve host name 'beaglebone.local': Timeout reached

Your computer can't reach the beaglebone. I'm out of simple advice. Assuming your LAN setup is OK, it's rather suspicious that neither USB nor Ethernet gives you access to it.

The USB connection also creates a virtual serial port through which a serial console is available (which is nearly is as good as an ssh connection). On my machine it appears as device /dev/ttyACM0. I use it by installing the package "screen" and running:

$ screen /dev/ttyACM0 115200

Pressing Enter causes a login prompt to appear, where you can log in using the default credentials (debian/debian, IIRC). If this doesn't work, I would try re-flashing the board. Follow the instructions here:
https://beagleboard.org/Support/BoneScript/updates/

Note that you're debugging it blindly which makes everything more difficult. If you attach a USB-Serial adapter to the debug header, you'll get the bootloader debug output and a serial console. If you don't have one at hand, search aliexpress for "FTDI USB to TTL" and get the first thing that pops up.

--
Kind regards
Tarmo