@Paul - Would you be able to take a close up picture of the backside
solder points of the serial debug connector (3 pin next to USB C)?

My AI was overheating too until it stopped booting all together. I was
looking to monitor serial as I applied power and that is when I noticed
what appeared to be an unclean solder point...its not shorted there is a
99kOhm resistance between the two points.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19pRcHcP9APTcQ6nWiU708ca8ID9PtNXH/view?usp=sharing

Mike