For future reference by others, I think instead of

"if=/opt/scripts/device/bone/bbgw-eeprom.dump"

it should have been stated as:

"if=/opt/scripts/device/bone/bbbw-eeprom.dump"

since I have a BeagleBone Black Wireless (but it is manufactured by GHI as
you said). I first updated using the first file, and my device type was
shows as BeagleBone Green Wireless. The WiFi would not work (using
connmanctl for setup). I then flashed using the second file, and my device
displayed as BeagleBone Black Wireless, and I was then successful in
setting up WiFi connectivity.