On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 9:47 AM John Allwine <j...@pocketnc.com> wrote:

> Has anyone partitioned a microSD card such that it can be booted into
> different partitions on a Beaglebone Black or AI? How would I go about doing
> something like that? I'd like to avoid needing to physically take out the
> microSD card and potentially add bootable partitions over time. Would that be
> doable from the Beaglebone itself?

We use "/boot/uEnv.txt" as a trigger file..

Take an existing partition, shrink it to half, (dont' touch the 4mb
hole), then clone that partition to the empy space (and update it's
/etc/fstab)..

On startup, u-boot will search the first 4 partitions for
"/boot/uEnv.txt" so either rename the one on the first partition to
the boot the second/etc..

There's probably a better way, but this will just work with the
existing setup with the fewest mod's..

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/