Thanks everybody for your helpful suggestions. Lots of things in there which I
did not know, which are not directly available anywhere. I’m sure I’ll find a
solution in there somewhere.

Regards

From: beagleboard@googlegroups.com <beagleboard@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
jonnymo
Sent: 19 September 2020 06:40 PM
To: Beagle Board <beagleboard@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [beagleboard] Re: Install Ubuntu using SD card and Windows

If you are willing to reimage the Beaglebone, why not just download Etcher on
your Windows system and then burn a Beagleboard flasher image to an uSD card
and then boot the BBB with the flasher image to refresh the eMMC?

Etcher Windows:

https://www.balena.io/etcher/

Beagleboard images:

https://beagleboard.org/latest-images

If you have another Linux based board such as Raspberry Pi, you could try to
read the BB image on that using a uSD USB reader.

The other option is to install a tool on your Windows system that allows you to
read the Linux filesystem and then edit any file you changed.  I suspect either
/etc/resolv.conf' or your interfaces file.

https://www.howtogeek.com/112888/3-ways-to-access-your-linux-partitions-from-windows/

https://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/

Cheers,

Jon