On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 08:03:49 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Pavel Yermolenko
<py.ohayo-fowrgoyegzlydzi6cay...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>I changed wired connection settings on my host.
>Now it looks like this:

https://packetlife.net/blog/2008/sep/24/169-254-0-0-addresses-explained/

        Based upon your screen grabs (please, don't use screen grabs for TEXT
TERMINALS!, Just copy/paste the TEXT -- it makes for much smaller posts
which are more easily read... For screen grabs I have to first SAVE the
images to my computer, then open them with external utility just to see
text) your BBB is not finding a DHCP server and is self-assigning the IP
address being used.

        Solution -- I think connecting the BBB and the host computer to a
common router that provides DHCP would be desired. Most of these routers
also handle local DNS services, so you could connect via

        ssh debian@beaglebone.local.

        If you do have both connected to a common router, then the router is
the device that needs to be checked -- as it is not issuing an IP to the
BBB. If you connected the BBB to a port on the host, then the host needs to
be running a DHCP server for that port.

--
Dennis L Bieber