On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 07:02:25 -0700 (PDT), in
gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user Bob Hammond
<propgrinder-re5jqeeqqe8avxtiumw...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>I am now attempting to get into GRUB during boot.  I never see a GRUB menu
>show up by pressing/holding ESC or left shift.  What I do see is that I can
>interrupt boot by pressing the spacebar.  I then get a command prompt in
>??.  And I have no idea what to do after that.

        What leads you to believe the Beagles have GRUB installed?. The
boot-loader is u-Boot.

https://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Bootdoc/BasicCommandSet
(or, the whole shmear as a PDF
http://www.denx.de/wiki/publish/U-Bootdoc/U-Bootdoc.pdf )

        Raspberry-Pi's don't use GRUB either, nor do most all ARM-based boards
(Xylinx Zynq, etc.)

--
Dennis L Bieber