debian@beaglebone:/mnt/media/etc$ su root
Password:
su: Authentication failure
debian@beaglebone:/mnt/media/etc$ su root
Password:
su: Authentication failure
debian@beaglebone:/mnt/media/etc$ sudo nano shadow
  GNU nano 2.7.4                                             File: shadow

root::18717:0:99999:7:::
daemon:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
bin:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
sys:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
sync:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
games:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
man:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
lp:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
mail:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
uucp:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
proxy:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
www-data:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
backup:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
list:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
irc:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
gnats:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
nobody:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
systemd-timesync:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
systemd-network:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
systemd-resolve:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
systemd-bus-proxy:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
_apt:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
dnsmasq:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
messagebus:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
avahi:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
sshd:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
usbmux:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
lightdm:*:18112:0:99999:7:::
debian:rcdjoac1gVi9g:18112:0:99999:7:::
bob::18717:0:99999:7:::

                                                       [ Read 31 lines ]
^G Get Help     ^O Write Out    ^W Where Is     ^K Cut Text     ^J Justify
     ^C Cur Pos      ^Y Prev Page    M-\ First Line
^X Exit         ^R Read File    ^\ Replace      ^U Uncut Text   ^T To Spell
    ^_ Go To Line   ^V Next Page    M-/ Last Line