> Because this example program uses the high speed gpio the fault happens much
> sooner on the Pi without the sudo.
>
> pi@raspberrypi:~/projects/lazarus/TC $ ./TC
> An unhandled exception occurred at $00084EE4:
>                                              ERPiOpenFile: Cannot not open
> file </dev/mem> for memory mapping.
>                                 $00084EE4  TFASTSYSTEMCORE__CREATE,  line 451
> of /home/pi/projects/lazarus/pxl/Source/PXL.Boards.RPi.pas
>                                                           $00010410  main,
> line 95 of TC.lpr
>
> I'll build that project on the Beagle and see what happens.
> John

OK.  Hadn't noticed until I tried it on the Beagle that it uses
PXL.Boards.RPi.pas which has the definitions for the high speed I/O.  The
Beagle doesn't appear to have that feature as there is no PXL.Boards.BBB.pas
file.  Looks like Beagle I/O has to go through the file system.

So this particular SPI program is _not_ portable from the Pi to the Beagle and
therefore I will stop talking about it on this Beagleboard forum.

John