On Tue, 25 May 2021 19:44:55 -0700, in gmane.comp.hardware.beagleboard.user
"John Dammeyer" <johnd-5o6ditlojsohvde0pjs...@public.gmane.org> wrote:

>OK.  Hadn't noticed until I tried it on the Beagle that it uses
>PXL.Boards.RPi.pas which has the definitions for the high speed I/O.  The
>Beagle doesn't appear to have that feature as there is no PXL.Boards.BBB.pas
>file.  Looks like Beagle I/O has to go through the file system.

        Well -- it might be possible to clone the R-Pi version and redefine all
the memory and bitmap addresses to match the BBB <G>, and then modify
whatever code detects the platform...

>So this particular SPI program is _not_ portable from the Pi to the Beagle and
>therefore I will stop talking about it on this Beagleboard forum.

        Technically, I think the "program" source is portable, but not binaries
-- the device access is different between the two, but the end result
should be the same.

        See my previous response regarding the R-Pi kmem group membership.

--
Dennis L Bieber