This is exactly what I was expecting with the include directive:
https://bitbucket.org/blais/beancount/issues/392/booking-method-not-applied-when-used-in#comment-51970529

I find it keeps things simple and opens more doors than it closes. A
"selective" include directive is too moody for me. The meaning is hidden
somewhere in the source code. To illustrate the point, after hitting a few
walls like that I almost feel as if I'm walking through a minefield, not
using a tool that's supposed to help me get the job done.