On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 4:53 PM kuba....@gmail.com <kuba.ja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Regarding importer development on v2, if I was to make changes to csv.py,
> will the changes be migrated from the v2 branch into beangulp?

I don't think a whole lot of development will happen on v2 anymore,
especially for ingest and beanprice which have migrated out.
Consider v2 frozen.
I would suggest to please send a CL to beangulp for that.

> I'm still unsure of how to use beangulp and I would like to make changes
> to the importers so will I need to port the changes over myself once I
> familiarise myself with the new world?

It'll be really quite similar, we're not adding a whole lot of new
features, but rather making things simpler that should have been simple in
the first place, learning from the lessons of having had to build a bunch
of importers and working with them. We'll update the examples in the
beangulp repo, don't worry. 99% of your code will be directly usable (all
the hard parts anyway).
Did I share the doc?  Here are the changes:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O42HgYQBQEna6YpobTqszSgTGnbRX7RdjmzR2xumfjs/edit
dnicolodi@'s been doing great work and developing these changes and I'm
looking forward to try it out and convert all my importers.
If you have any ideas for how to make it better, please add them to the doc,

Kind regards,