For the mechanics of similar situations, I use:

   - zerosum

<https://github.com/redstreet/beancount_reds_plugins/tree/main/beancount_reds_plugins/zerosum#readme>
   - effective_date

<https://github.com/redstreet/beancount_reds_plugins/tree/main/beancount_reds_plugins/effective_date#readme>

For the account to book to, it can vary. I usually put it inside Assets or
Liabilities so it doesn't "get lost" under equities. YMMV.