Not sure it can be done in beanquery, but here is example how it can easily
be done in pandas
https://www.isabekov.pro/multiperiod-hledger-style-reports-in-beancount-pivoting-a-table/

In general it seems like using beanquery together with pandas in jupyter
 notebook is the best way forward for reporting out our beancount.

in pandas you can do some other things, which are not available in
beanquery: pivot by, add totals to columns and rows etc.

Plus add plotting with matplotlib - what else do you need?