Hello there,
Yes, there is a solution I use. Generally, plugins are meant to be computed
dynamically each time. Smart importer predicts (instead of computing)
statically. What this means is, we generally always want smart_importer to
be fed a ledger on which plugins have not yet run. This is true for most
plugins (eg: the capital gains classifier
<https://github.com/redstreet/beancount_reds_plugins/tree/main/beancount_reds_plugins/capital_gains_classifier#readme>
).

My recommendation is to do what I personally do, shown in this script
<https://gist.github.com/redstreet/6f1addb87c667826fb79b509d5d88a51> from this
article
<https://reds-rants.netlify.app/personal-finance/putting-it-all-together-into-a-workflow/>
:
# So zerosum doesn't run: both for performance and correctness
(smart_importer) if be -f <(echo 'plugin "beancount.plugins.auto_accounts"';
cat ${INGEST_ROOT}/../source/* ) $files ; then echo "Return value of
bean-extract: $?" if [[ "$nofile"x != "1x" ]]; then bf $files # bean-file fi
fi

Basically, this avoids running zerosum or any plugin at all when building a
ledger to pass on to smart_importer. Makes it slightly faster too.
​