In case it wasn't clear what is going on above:

My main.beancount contains:
plugin "beancount_reds_plugins.zerosum.zerosum" "{..}" plugin
"beancount_reds_plugins.capital_gains_classifier.long_short" "{...}" ...
include "source/Assets.Bank.bc" include
"source/Liabilities.Credit-Cards:MasterCard.bc" ...

The script above bypasses main.beancount and instead simply builds a ledger
based on the source/*.bc files which is where the actual transactions live.
The script prepends plugin "beancount.plugins.auto_accounts" to this ledger
to avoid unopened-account errors.
​