(Daniele, is there a nicer way than splitcomp(account, ":", 1)?
Getting a particular subaccount seems pretty common. Also, I
couldn't figure out a way to extract 2 subaccounts - Expenses:Foo:Bar
should yield Expenses:Foo and Expenses:Foo should also yield
Expenses:Foo; is that possible?)

The root(account, 2) will give  ''Expenses:Foo'
https://groups.google.com/g/beancount/c/uFvBBL5WUcA/m/bO-nQJHkBAAJ

https://github.com/beancount/beanquery/blob/804087aa014cae46c055a461b994fe0e95517fd4/beanquery/query_env.py#L251

* Martin Michlmayr <t...@cyrius.com> [2023-12-21 18:51]:
> bean-report is deprecated.
>
> You can do the following in bean-query:
>
> SELECT PARENT(account), position, balance WHERE account ~
'Expenses:Test:'

> you can also use PARENT(PARENT(account))
>
> This is for register report. For balance report, something like that:
>
> SELECT PARENT(account), SUM(position) WHERE account ~ 'Expenses:Test:'
GROUP BY PARENT(account)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beancount/ff1ad476-8e0c-4cd2...@googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beancount/ff1ad476-8e0c-4cd2-ac1c-4eec19af85...@googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

--