as of today i've finally gotten one of my longest
running accounts imported, balanced, working, it's
beautiful!

  only a few transactions missing from the era of
hand written passbooks.

  i'm tempted to ask someone if they still have
those records around and to see if i can find those
to fill them in.

  what this journey has taught me is that if you
want a good and useful history you may need to
include more notes with the transactions.

  this one account history is useful, but it won't
be nearly as useful as it could have been had i put
a little effort into better notes for transactions.

  now i can move on to the next longest other history
i have which does have more notes and more details
but it is not complete either - yet it is better than
nothing for my purposes.

  it is very satisfying to me to reach the end of a
process and watching the stubs and shims get removed
as things balance out and hook together.  since my
background is computers, programming, etc. it does
all fit with that sort of analysis and breaking
projects into parts and then testing the isolated
parts and then filling in the gaps and putting things
back together.

  i'm not surprised that it works, but satisfied all
the same.  :)

  fin