Hi Brian,

I could question the idea of allowing a windows machine to be made
accessable on the internet but this is not a security list so I won't.

I've found the best of bunch is the Mail::Sender module that is
available from CPAN.  It handles the SMTP directly and thus doesn't
need a supporting mail program.

It's also pretty easy to use (I managed it) and reasonably flexible.

Gary